Sunday, May 14, 2006

I've seen the Brightness in one Little Spark

Stories are stories, and here's one of the things that stand out, a train ride from Prague to Munich.

The ride starts in a creepy rail station, in a beat up old train. I had a crummy window that kept banging open and closed for the tenure of the trip. I rode in a compartment with a girl from the Czech Republic, turns out she could speak great English, and we talked for about an hour about the state of affairs in the area. Later, a woman and her child enter our area, and proceed to eat corn, hot dogs, and other goodies. When I mean eat, I mean hardcore pigging out.

The train ride is beautiful, and we arrive in a small Czech village, the train stops, and we are advised to get out of the train and hop on some charter buses that will carry us to the German border. I'm like 'OK', so after a series of nearly misses, and after about a 50 km jaunt thru the Czech countryside, we arrive at the German border and hop on another train.

The train is in much better shape, and this go round I have more people to speak with. In the compartment I was sitting, there was a Czech woman who taught English for a living, a ear, mouth and throat doctor from Munich, and a kitchen specialists who resides in Ingolstadt (where Frankenstein lives). Well I get them all talking English, about various different topics for the next 3 hours. All great people who I hope to see again in the future.

Christian the doc said it best, as we pulled into Munich a bit after midnight. "If it wouldn't be so late, we would have to hit the biergarten." Instead of hitting the biergarten, I found a hotel close to the rail station, booked a room, and after the long 9 hours of travel by bus, train, etc, this was a sight for sore eyes, my hotel in Munich, the TV welcomed me! hahahaha


I took a night tour of Munich after drinking a beer in this seedy place which was right by the hotel. Hungry as hell I devoured a Donor Kebab and Coke and for the next few hours just marveled at the scenery and beautiful weather, however a lot of the random pictures I took didn't turn out very well.


It seems like every 5th building in Munich was named after Goethe, I didn't know his work very well, and since I seen all these buildings about him, I've taken an interest in seeing what he was all about. Calling him a pimp I think would be a massive understatement.

No comments: