Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Said I - I Don't Know Where There's a Box or the Bag

Exactly what are the lyrics the Yellow Ledbetter anyway, can someone make that out, or is Mr Vedder speaking in tongues? My bags are not nearly packed and ready to go, and in 7 days I'll be landing in Berlin, very little preparation, but lots of reading. I'll have to laptop and a killer GPS unit too, so I have no worries.

I also bought some luggage today, a steal of a 3 bag deal at Academy for 68 bucks! The same smaller bag was 150 in Whole Earth, maybe it was organic or something, but big time overpriced. Usually I buy some one use Wal-Mart crap, and then I'm sad the zipper broke, or something else crazy happens, or I use someones 1962 model.

Mentioning the bag was bigger than Collin, we decided to test it out and see and sure enough he fits in with room to spare.


Tonight I played guitar guy to my nephews, Puff the Magic Dragon, and the ABC's song, which actually works good with the D-A-G-D-A-G-D-G chord progression, luckily, no one threw a chicken at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter, as you requested:

Sealed, on a porch a letter sat.
Then you said, "I wanna leave it again."

Once I saw her on a beach of weathered sand.
And on the sand I wanna leave her again.

On a weekend I wanna wish it all away. yeah
And they called and I said that "I want what I said" and then I call out
again.
And the reason oughta' leave her calm, I know.
I said "I know what I waited not a boxer or the bag."


Oh yeah

Can you see them, out on the porch?
Yeah. But they don't wave.
I, I see them 'round the front way. yeah.
And I know, and I know I don't wanna stay.

Make me cry.
(guitar solo)

I see . . . Oh, I don't know why there's something else.
I want to, wanna drum it all away.
I said, "I don't, I don't know whether I was the boxer or the bag."

Oh yea, can you see them, out the on porch?
Yeah, but they don't wave.
I, I see them. 'round the front way.
And I know, and I know I don't want to stay at all....
I dont want to stay.....
i dont wnat to stay.....
i dont want to stay