I'm eating some bland food at the tourist stop of choice until a bit after 11, I hop in the cab and head towards the gig, thinking, hmmmm, I'll get there right on time. However, getting there, the locals say 'the plane is late' to arrive. Well the Berliner Pils is flowing, I'm talking to some folks about music, and about 1.45 A.M. Pete FINALLY makes it to the stage, and the performance about to be done was f*ckin' brilliant.
Singing songs of Babyshambles and Libertines, the show was amazing, the intangibles added up to be one the the best shows I've ever seen. The dude is in the news all the time, it's all marketing bullshit, but behind all that it's a substantial experience.
There's a lot to be said about his charisma and appearance. Some highlights of the evening were Albion, What Katy Did, and old school libertines 'Time for Heroes.' Many songs got the crowd hoppin', and there were many that were slow, there were yet more where Pete just eek's out weird sounds, and many subtleties that made the show / band unique
12 liters deep into the evening, the show ends just after 4pm, 2+ hours of playing. Yea, then began the adventure of finding my way home without the address of the hotel.....Ummmm, cab to TierGarten Park please.......(which is the size of Central Park New York) --
Night ends slightly after 5am, with blurry visions of perfection in my head.
-----------------
Some videos of the performance. I couldn't get close, it was a rough crowd.
1. Pipedown (Opener)
2. Albion
3. La Belle et la Bete
4. La Belle et la Bete 2
5. What Katy Did
6. Time For Heroes
7. F*ck Forever

No comments:
Post a Comment