Monday, May 02, 2005

Hair Today / Gone Tomorrow

Many of you know, but here's the details. Last month was the first treatment of my professional laser hair removal surgery. A wise old friend of mine, Jenny I, said and I quote "If you are insecure about it, and you can afford it," get the hair lasered off.

That being said, I suppose I can be shaved and tapered for the swimming lessons Ashley is giving me. The only thing I'm going to be sad about is losing my farmers tan, and the 'shave Robert' ritual over Easter weekend in Shinertown. O well, I suppose there are other things to shave?

Before the treatments, I have to shave (the hair grows back for a while, I have to get six treatments). This is a sign of true friendship, Jenny shaving my back and the hard to reach areas. Even as the wind was blowing the freshly shaven hair into her mouth and nose, she perservered.



I'm going to try to lose that gut one of these days too. Perhaps I should start drinking light beer, no beer, or something like that. Fried food is gone from my life!



So, to recap, here's the facts in a nutshell
  1. 6 treatments, 2 months apart, lasting close to one year
  2. Minimal exposure to the sun, therefore my swimming lessons are in the evening or indoors
  3. They say its like a gentle pulse of heat, its more light 'O F*ck', and you leave the center feeling like you just got out of a prize fight, or grandpa was pissed and decided to put his cigar out on you a few times
  4. Back / Chest / Stomach -- approx $2,700 USD -- Man o Man, the price of vanity. They at least break it out into 2 years of interest free payments
  5. Hair is guaranteed not to grow back, and you get a 2 year guaranteed
  6. A 'hot' girl is usually the one giving the treatment

Shannon, I think you are next old buddy, that back is pretty repulsive -- Don't know if I want to be on your team when we play water volleyball, I'd rather be on that old dudes team, you know the one with the purple speedo's.

OK - enough of this -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! I think i'm gonna be sick! bwaaaaghh! Nah, just kiddin. I was in the Marines. I can handle anything.

Your too funny.

Anonymous said...

That's a big nutshell! But you're well on your way. Anyone that shaves you back must have some fucking balls, or the female equivalent of such.