Saturday, May 14, 2005

Snoop Dogg / VWA

Tonight brought Snoop Dogg and his b*tches to VWA.

This is my second year working the VIP section at the ampitheatre, I'm on a 'part time' basis, meaning hopefully I don't have to work shows like Hall and Oats and the like. Being the first gig I worked this year, I was greeted with a stylish new cucumber green shirt, and a nifty name tag.

Now, on to the show. As I walk to my VIP duties, I stroll by the merch table and could help but notice a shirt that said "White Beater," I suppose instead of "Wife Beater." Having said this, I'm a bit apprehensive about entering the lions din of thugs and gangstas, of course being a bald headed white boy wearing a green button down.

The opening act, The Game, took it apon himself to invite the crown to come 'down', meaning all these meatheads climb over the rails, much to the dismay of the VIP staff. The show was pretty good, although I don't like the gangsta rap much, he being totally west coast.

Then the main event, Snoop Dogg. The opening 'film' depeicted Snoop going to his chicks house, much to his surprise another chick was over named Peaches. Peaches, Snoop, and Snoop's chick participate in foreplay, then some white dude comes in and starts shootin sh*t up, until Snoop finally puts a cap in his a$$. Tons of weed references, some T&A on the big screen, and cussin cussin cussin equals good family fun. There was also a bed on stage with some scantily clad girls, one is wearing some white lingerie with blue trim, which kinda reminds me of the gmail notifier for new messages that's running in my taskbar. Last time I saw Snoop I recall him asking for '7 backstage passes for 7 backstage a$$es.'

All in all a fun night, met some new peeps, sad at Chad's departure, who's trying his luck in Vegas, listened to Snoop, and hell, getting paid for it, can you beat that? Thanks Leslie, you rock.

Tomorrow is Cabaret performance at Zach Scott for me, to all my co-workers have fun at Kenny Chesney, y'all can only hope for Renee Zelwegger, or however you spell that, to come out and they can do a 'You Had Me From Hello' duet. Great stuff!? -- Maybe Snoop could come out and put a cap in bofe of their a$$es ---- hahahahah

Peace!

No comments: