Sunday, May 29, 2005

Through these fields of Destruction, Baptisms of Fire

Sunday was the good ol church picnic in Shiner. Usually it's 1 million degrees outside, but a nice rain made the weather bearable. The Biergarten was packed to the rafters, and low and behold I see Ryan and Chad behind the counter serving beer. Ryan is rockin' and cussin' at the church picnic listening to 80's cheese rock! Totally bada$$! Look at those two meatheads!! hahahahaah



Ran into Jill Kovalcik, who I haven't seen in ages! It was lovely running into her and catching up, until she had to run into the pouring rain to move the car. She's doing well, married and has a beautiful daughter, living in Edna. She truly is a star of track and field, and she probably feels the city air running past her body as she runs, as in the Belle and Sebastian song. Jill was the first girl to put an arrow thru my heart and my soul, and everytime I listen to Dire Straits I think of her, hence the Dire Straits references. Everyone do themselves a favor and pick up that greatest hits album. We tried this picture 3 times and didn't turn out any of the times!



And of course no picnic can be complete without me having to babysit Mandy's drunk a$$. At least this year she didn't eat a crispito and throw up on her carpet! She has a bad time repeating herself when she's had a few too many. Second year in a row this has happened, what gives!? Ahhh, the life of a budding accounting guru --



Always a pretty dry weekend in Shiner, but the people make the place shine.

---------------
'No I cannot forget where it is that I come from
I cannot forget the people who love me' -- John Cougar Mellencamp

"I think I'm more grounded, you know, and I know what I want out of life and I'm, you know, my morals are really, you know, strong and I have major beliefs about certain things and I think that has helped me, you know, from being, you know, coming from a really small town." - Britney Spears

God Bless Britney Spears!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that britney, you know, quote about, you know, small towns really sucks, you know.