Tonight I had the distinct pleasure of watching Meredith, a friend / co-worker perform at the Zach Scott Theatre. The performance was brilliant, she came out all light and fluffy singing some really good tunes. There was a brief intermission, and the second part of the show was the heavy / contemplative songs, of course which I apply to the daily emotional struggles that go on in my head. I am definately going to bug her for the setlist when she comes back to work on Tuesday.
Here is a picture of Meredith, the star of the show, with Lee, my boss and I. Lee and Meredith are not only cool people, but play a very pivotal role in the re-engineering of the private security systems at DPS. What a dynamic, Meredith during the day, b*tching (not really) about SID numbers, to her beautiful voice by night.
The songs were beautifully chosen and beautifully sang. Check out Meredith singing Besame Mucho (takes a while to download -- 9mb). This song in particular struck my attention b/c I love The Beatles rendition of this tune. For those who you who can't translate, I think it means 'Kiss Me Lots' or something like that.
Thanks for the great performance Meredith, was a great time, thanks for the company Lee and Emanuel. The band played perfect too, loved the bass. Look forward to the next one, and for all you peeps who read this blog, do yourself a favor and check out a show at the Zach Scott. And to all my meathead friends, if you find a date, bring her to this, she'll be impressed (and I promise to take the same advice myself!).
PS - The nachoes, Sangria and Margaritas at Guero's aftwards weren't too bad either! Tomorrow brings me to a trip to City Hall and Mando Dio with Toshi and an entourage of Japanese girls, YIPPIE!

No comments:
Post a Comment