Monday, May 16, 2005

Mando Diao and Friends

After City Hall we went to Emo's for the Mando Diao show. Who do you ask? Of course the constants Toshi and I. We have been looking forward to the show for a few months now, and the day finally came, started at 10:45, which is pretty damn late for a Monday night show!



Three of Toshi's wonderful Japanese friends also joined us. They were all wonderful and beautiful. Don't I look like such a pimp with these three lovely ladies?



The opening band was Danko Jones, who was really good. He had a tongue that was all over the place, one that could rival Gene Simmons. Out of the blue, Gordi Johnson, the lead singer / guitar player for Grady comes out. I spoke with him for a while, said Danko and him were buds, and Danko played a song and dedicated it to Gordi. Here's a picture of Gordi and I, y'all should go check him out one day, he plays at the Continental Club frequently.



To end the night, Toshi and his friends expressions say it all. An excellent evening had by all. It was great to see Toshi and his friends jamming in front of the stage all excited!



In my opinion, Mando sounds much much better on the album, but all around a quality show, some quality songs, and for 10 buckeroos, you can't beat it!

'And we never cut the hope
'Cause we never cut the rope '
Mando Diao

No comments: