Being highly general / cynical about the war, seems things are not going too well. I'm sure we're making progress, and woman are voting (1200 years evolution in the course of a few years, hmmmm), Saddam isn't jacking with his own people (even though we indirectly sponsored this state 'terrorism' when it was happening because Iran was a 'bigger' threat). So damn, how do you sort it all out. Perhaps in some countries, the best form of government is a totalitarian dictator. If we pick a fight with every bad boy around the planet we have a long road ahead. We're flying blind as it pertains to US foreign policy, and using brute force to impose 'counter-terrorism' measures, which as Mr Doom and Gloom Chomsky says, has a striking resemblance in meaning to 'terrorism.'
We're there, seems like there's four options ---- 1 -- We shit on everything and leave, 2 -- We shit on everything and stay in the midst of religious civil war, 3 -- Have a timetable for a planned withdrawal and hand the mess over to the Iraq forces (yea right), 4 -- Iraq becomes the next Germany, Japan, Korea, etc, and we just stay there forever, which seems to be what's going to happen. Just wait till the dominant religious group gains power, and creates laws to fuck up the other religions, we're not going to let that happen, are we? What kind of democracy are we putting in there, how can we be so obtuse as to act like we understand? What happened in supporting the moderates in Iraq, the reasonable people there with no political or religious agenda, the people who want Iraq to excel, and not be 'humiliated' by western civilization anymore.
911 was bad shit, it wasn't per-se done by religious fanatics, but rather people with a political agenda as Thomas Friedman sites. What I learned from 911 was not to go out and spend money and pump shit into the economy, like Mr Bad Approval Rating says, but rather to reflect, learn, quit being so lazy, and take that significant event and boil it down to the fundamental reason it happened. If you sit and break that down, you may be just as proud and gung ho to be an american, but not in the America Fuck yea, we're right, you're wrong mentality, but rather like the intelligent and strong forgotten America of old who could win the peace and win the war, and understand the differences in both.
I'm not confident in this person's capacity to make the right decision. I'd like to think the approval ratings show most American agree, and are getting tired of the current administration turning mass discontent into Nationalism and driving that by fear.
I'm a proud American, and I've been concerned for a long time. Maybe God or history will vindicate GW Bush, but who is here to help with the current state of affairs? I have no room to bitch about left wing or right wing politics, or even possible faulty intelligence from the CIA, everyone and their dog voted for the war. Can all the politicians who voted for the war in Iraq read Tom Cruises 'sports document' in Jerry Maguire, you know, the one entitled 'The things we think and do not say.' What I can bitch about is the lack of proper planning and the tradeoffs for funding billions in a war effort. We could get some of the fridges out of trees in New Orleans with a few billion left for back home. What I'm bitching about is what I think isn't reasonable, effective tactics in combating the 'war on terror', and common sense on a level that has power to make decisions.
War aside, I bitch about gas prices like Chris Rock. Seems as though the current administration could at least keep the price of gas down, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I suppose we have to wait till Detroit flexes nuts and bitches about millions and millions of dollar losses in automobile sales while gas company profits soar. Put up your dukes, boy that's going to be a rumble (China aside).

No comments:
Post a Comment