Probably the easiest thing to do would be to say, screw this blog, too much to catalogue, but the last few days of postings will attempt to show the craziness of what the music festival is, and it seems to only be getting better. From the shows at night, to the day parties, to see Billy Bragg walking down south congress, to fun with friends, and 1,500 + bands to choose from in a 4 day span, it has something for everyone.
For us, the festival was divided by the 'day' activities and 'night' activities. This means we went out in the day around noon to catch music all afternoon, then come home for a 2 hour nap, in order to have enough energy to brave the crowds at night. We had a 15 page printout for daytime 'parties' and performances, and literally countless live music venues within walking distance to experience live music at its finest.
In terms of music, a toss between The Mystery Jets and Billy Bragg were favorites, I saw both FREE at day shows. Some shows I just stared down at a sea of humanity, while others we were in the thick of the action.
Stay tuned for a detailed back-blog of all the pictures, video and antics. I'm still catching my breathe and still trying to put it all into perspective. The nights took different turns for all friends, but for Ashley and I, the music 'died' last night at about 1 am, waiting for a ride on 10th and Red River. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

No comments:
Post a Comment