A 6pm wedding made for a day of preparation, getting roses at HEB, picture frames at Target, travellers checks, and a stop at Bubbles car wash. I didn't want to VDub looking all cruddy next the all the benzes and beamers and infinities.
Chris Rivera and I getting into our tuxes, reminds me of football back in the day, but instead of putting football uniforms on, we put on tuxedos. It took me about 2 minutes to 'suit up.'
The time at Ashton Gardens is fun. We are sitting down to dinner, eating some chicken breast with cherries, and the 'retarded' (Fugees Album reference) leg drummy attached to the chicken breast. 10 bud lights deep in the evening, I ponder if this is true and formed from nature, or is it a man made invention.
If there were to have a been a Steve Buscemi type appearance a la The Wedding Singer, it would have been done by yours truly. At one point and I was encouraging our table to sing acapella 'The Longest Time' by Billy Joel, but to no avail. I gave the DJ a high five for playing that.
The ice sculpture was right on for the evening, the rolls royce that drove the bride and groom away blew my mind. I spoke with the driver and he said those vehicles cost about 1,000,000,0,,,000,0,00,0,000 or something like that.
I spotted a waitress and told her that the only thing different from her outfit and mine was the red vest. Later, my buddy Apple brings her over, tells her I'm attracted to her and would like to talk. Turned out she was a hipster and we had a lot in common, landed some digits, and we'll see how that goes. 21, from Kingwood (one of the richest zip codes in the USA), 3 1/2 hour drive between cities, therefore I'm not banking on anything. Bill Maher says about the hopeless romance when it comes to that scenario, and I'll try to keep it short. (Chicks getting married to rich dude while adventurous dude comes and tries to break it up going, hey look its me, I'm cool, I'm adventurous, I'm fun, and she turns around and realistically goes, yea yea, its not about nothing like that, show me the money!).
At any rate, this sexy Mexican was at the wedding, we were admiring the aesthetics of the salad, and he was the only other person at the table that took the plunge with me and ate the chicken drummy. Yee Haw Manuelabor!
I caught the garter when thrown out, at this time I couldn't be bothered to think about anything. I had to place it on the gal that caught the bouquet, and B and B get 7 years good luck for every inch that that thing went above the knee. Needless to say, they are going to have luck even after they are not on the planet.
The wedding was a great time, it was great catching up with a bunch of good friends I haven't seen in a long time. If I have to take another picture in the near future I'm going to shoot myself in the head. Good luck for all your future B and B, y'all got it together, the virtue, passion, strength, nothing to worry about, just don't forget about the rest of us. ;-)
------------------------------
"To love someone deeply gives you strength.
Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu
"Two souls with but a single thought,
Two hearts that beat as one." - Friedrich Halm
"To keep your marriage brimming,
with love in the wedding cup,
whenever you're wrong, admit it;
whenever you're right, shut up." - Ogden Nash

1 comment:
Here is the t-shirt you need my friend...
Rob's Favorite
Post a Comment