First joke the beast and I were going to pull on Toshi is.....we see him in the airport, we point at him and yell really loud, "HE'S GOT A BOMB!" Well we didn't do that, that probably would have landed him at least two days in the slammer. Instead I was smiley and happy to see an old friend in person. I told Toshi he looks great, and he told me I'm getting fatter, what's up with that!?
For the wristband badge-less crew, Toshi and Mike D, a night was spent outside of Stubb's listening to the Belle and Sebastian show at the Matador Showcase. For Queen Bee and Ashley, don't ask me what was going on in Belle and Sebastian show, and don't ask them either, for they probably won't remember.
My night was spent checking out a few shitty bands, as tonight is the 'slow' night. With the exception of Willy Mason, who played a show at Antones. His show was great, a good place to see him.
The highlight was the Cuff the Duke show at Capital Place, a bizarre hotel lobby venue that is growing on me. Last year I saw the lovely Jill Barber rip up her left handed martin in this place. Cuff the Duke is an alt-country band from Canada, talented folks, fun band, fun songs.
For the sake of attention span, I'll cut it off here. Information and sensory overload is what we have here this week in ATX, if you've never seen it, you can never understand it or appreciate it's significance.
I'm getting too old and un-interested with hob-knobbing at after parties, so here ends the night.

No comments:
Post a Comment