Ever try blogging about your life? Survey says 99.9% of identity blogs out there are boring as fuck to the average reader. This is a blog that's boring to the average reader. Blogging about your life is difficult, if not impossible to captivate an internet savvy audience, with things you have done and seen. Come on, day to day life isn't very interesting, and people who blog for a living....I'd imagine they'd have a hard time living the life they are busy blogging about. And of course you have to keep your blog updated to gain readership.
If your angle is blogging for your friends, throwing a few pictures and video out there about how 'cool' your life is, kinda like my blog, no worries, you will attract your 20 or so friends who are loyal readers of your blog. I find for my friends it keeps them involved and in the loop. It's wonderful when I see friends we can actually focus on details, not that I went to the Belle and Sebastian show, but rather where do they come from and what do you think of the lyrics, etc. I could make an attempt to find a niche, i.e. celebrity gossip about what kind of puppy Tomb Raider and BP are going to adopt next, slap some Google ads on the site and become rich? Hmmm, too easy, I think not.
I've been blogging pretty hardcore for a year now, I started for various reasons. I've laid my life out there, I've joked about my belly and baldness, I've gave shout outs to friends and family, I've tried to frame my pictures well, I've snagged video from rock concerts, etc, and I'd like to think it's made me all the better person.
In a strange sorta way, I think identity blogging is about perseverance. Yea, blog content is going to get boring at times, especially for yourself, the person living the blog. Yourself and your audience at times will get disillusioned, upset, or have amplified feelings towards your thoughts and feelings. I personally find it's better to lay your opinion out there, people who want to get to know you better have an outlet to get to know you better. People who think you are boring will think you're boring, and I simultaneously encourage them to test the waters, and feel from the inside the psychological pressures that may arise just by sitting down and putting down in typing what's inside of you.
I've come to the conclusion that I'm a confused boy by many standards, although I consider myself in a better state than people who live their lives inside of a vacuum, afraid to poke their head out and either get slapped, or perish the thought, find true happiness. I will continue to sustain the envelope about what's broadcasted on my blog, for the 20 or so readers who actually give a shit simply because it's a venture I've started, it jogs the brain, and I always tell my buddy pickle that slow and steady wins the race.
I really don't care who does or doesn't read this, I think I'm in the minority as it stands, society is based on 'safe talk' and any sort of painful introspection is avoided at all costs. Painful introspection is where the goods lie, dancing around your inner self is sex without orgasm, and lack of any sort of introspection will land you a spot on MTV's the Real world everyday and twice on Sunday, just remember to wear some short shorts, and you'll be fine.
Stayed tuned for more of the same as year two of blogging commences.

No comments:
Post a Comment