Sunday, March 12, 2006

SXSW World Primere - Behind the Mask

Caught the midnight showing of Behind the Mask, mockumentary (or however you spell that) on the life of a serial killer. I've not been to many films, so I can't really be the judge if the movie was 'good' or not, but I was very impressed.

From the opening suspense, to humor, to the serial killers getting together and joking about their trade, to the brutal violence and staged plans, to the 'sympathy' for the killer himself, the movie gives you a feeling of easy / uneasy tension.


I can't elaborate on these things, I'm not good at articulating visual imagery, but I was scared in parts, and I had to close my eyes sometime, yea total pansy, I know.

At any rate, go and check it out, I enjoyed it. Independent films rule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting such kind words about my film! I'm so glad you liked it!!

Regards,

Scott Glosserman