Saturday, February 11, 2006

I Won't Dance in a Club Like This, All the Girls are Sluts, and the Beer Tastes Just Like Piss

Today was helping Mike and Laura P move day. Ms. P (Mike P's mum, who I found out is also a reader of the blog) called me a 'prolific' writer, which was a great compliment, thanks Ms. P, you are a great person :-). Later that day, Laura P called me "He Man," because when it comes to moving I really don't fuck around.

Moving 'stuff' is tangible work, kinda like mowing the lawn, the grass is tall, you mow it, it's not tall anymore. There is a truck full of stuff, the truck is now empty. It is quantified that I've done work. Working as a computer geek, sometimes all you do all day is debug code, making very little quantifiable output, except 'eliminating possibilities.'

Enough scientific moving talk, morning begins nursing my Caipirinha hangover at Juan In A Million, East 1st street, the place to be for breakfast. These are the nicest people you can imagine, and the owner himself gives you a handshake as you walk in the door. The Don Juan, a huge plate of bacon, egg, potato and cheese is all you need, for 3.25, its the best deal in town for breakfast, period. I must mention the hot sauce will put some smoke in your pencil that's for sure.


The U-Haul, first thoughts, Holy Shit, this is going to be a long day. Worse parts are always the couches, then the beds are the next worse, then coffee tables and stuff like that. When you are down to the boxes with books, you are good to go. Putting some monkey wrenches in the works, the house is down a really steep hill, and not really a 'clear path' to the house. The mechanisms for coping with a sore back are having The Specials 'Night Club' song running thru your head and you are working the calves up the hill.


Mike and LP's new back yard. Yes you can throw bodies back there and no one will find them. I think I actually did see a skeleton laying back there. There is also a host of 'professional dancers' as their neighbors, very beautiful and outgoing girls.


Later the evening a rush trip to Shiner to visit moms and go to Dustin's wedding shower. Dustin is the beasts brother. Here's a picture of the band 'Two Lovers and a Brotha.' That used to be the band name when I was briefly going out with the beasts sister Leslie. We still collaborate, but not under that name anymore. Check out the beast with bare midress. The beast ate 4 hamburgers that night and was acting like a wiener


Crawled in bed 5 a.m. back a mess, overtired, and full of pre-wedding banter from Dustin, as he jumps off the deep end this April. Congrats!

No comments: