Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Thrill of Running, Catching, Throwing, Taking Orders from a Moron

Shiner High School football team, 1995, one of the better teams of at the time, we were one of the smallest 2A schools, yet we were ranked 3rd in the state. But....the mighty Schulemburg was #1 and the mighty East Benard was #5 in our district. Didn't make it out of district, which is a tragedy for Shiner football, but so be it, there's always next season.

Shane Leckler, or however you spell it, Mr All Pro kicker for Oakland was on the EB team, I caught some of that bastards punts, and he ran me over a few times, my football 'claim to fame.' Also I recall Jamie Jackson jumping up between me and Marty Boehm (white men can't jump) and saying "You Got to get up if you want the ball," as he jumped over our outstretched hands to catch the touchdown pass. If I knew how to cuss back then, I would have said "Bitch Please."

I returned the kickoffs and punts, simply b/c I could catch well and wasn't scared when a bunch of meatheads ran down the field at me. I also recall being physically but not mentally there when teammates would slap me hard on the helmet to get me motivated. O Boy O Boy.

Click on the picture to make it bigger, and look at badass Mr #17 with hair parted on the right.


Brings back memories, I enjoyed my football time, showed me the value of teamwork, etc, and the stories could go on and on and on......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you had hair!

RB said...

you know it brotha, i loved my hair! actually my hair was really ugly

Anonymous said...

You know that your favorite memories were watching the suds run down the crack of a man's ass. How many times did you sneak a peak?