Monday, February 06, 2006

What Do You Care What Other People Think

A chronicle of some of the life and times of Richard P. Feynman, a brilliant scientist, who worked on the Manhattan Project, won a Nobel prize, etc. Just finishing the book, my initial thoughts tell me to focus on what is relevant, there is reward in questioning.

Two main parts of the book, a cute love story of how he met and fell in love with is wife, who eventually dies of terminal cancer, and the second part, Nasa vs politics, and who was responsible for the Challenger accident. He describes government projects that start out with ideal plans and intentions, and eventually fall in quicksand because of poor communication, planning and management. Damn, where have I seen that before?


What do you care what other people think? It's a great question. I try not to care for the most part, but I do need to start dressing better, not being so sloppy everywhere I go, 'Dress for the job you want, not the job you have' , I was once told. Just for the record, I got my annual review today, and under the appearance section, I got 'meets expectations' instead of 'needs improvement,' so I guess I'm batting par.

I suppose this is worth significant elaboration, but for now, I'm continuing my habit of somewhat early to bed, somewhat earlier to rise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Dress for the job you want, not the job you have' --- words of wisdom, let it be