The show begins at midnight, so I do like any other old man would do and take a nap before the show. Story of the night, Emo's, people trying really hard not to try, as the hipsters sell the place out. Another famous star said you can't dress trashy till you spend a lot of money, and the vintage attire worn by these kids has to have put a dent in mommy's pocketbook, or taken a significant chuck of their paycheck working their part time gig at Quiznos or the equivalent.
Of Montreal, The Sunlandic Twins album is great, take a love child between The Cars and Suede, and that's what you get. In that mix I'm taking away from the cars a lot, and giving to Suede a lot. The show was high energy, so high that Queen Bee, Sara B, and a host of others watched from the cheap seats. At times the queen and I would venture closer, only to be met by some dumbass kids being dumbass kids, so back to the bleachers it was. Big time story of not hating the band, but hate the fans.
At times the band would sound like a big run on sentence, and I couldn't really describe them as being 'tight,' we were outta there by a bit after 1, I got some beauty sleep (which I need all I can get). Despite all the criticism, for $12.50, an excellent night of music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment