Sunday, February 26, 2006

You Got a Beautiful Face, It'll Take You Places

And the band played on....

Life is dynamic, ever changing, ever adjusting, ever transitioning. Same with our 'Austin family,' as Kristin heads to the land of Ft Worth, continuing her trade as a registered nurse.

Kristin is a 'character' that has a ton of character. Many times I think of her like my friend Ashley, who's stories keep going and going and going and going. However, after introspection, I've come to understand that my attention span for logistical and small talk is much lower than the average human being, and there's nothing at all wrong with a nice detailed story.

Often times we'd sit in the living room, and although she thought I was half way listening and half way not, I absorbed it all, and sincerely appreciated her company and stories (as I do you too Ashley, even though I don't show it). Below the logistics and small talk is a is a tough girl with a lot of substance, one who I enjoyed having intimate talks about situations of life and love. She is a person who stands on principal, one who I think I see eye to eye with on a lot of topics.

She's going to teach me how to ride horses and outdoor stuff, and I'm going to refine her musical tastes. She explains how things are in her home state of Wyoming, she attempts to teach me social skills, and she has mastered the Jack Black slang of 'Haaaaay' and occasionally lets out a 'shiza', literally and verbally.

The Austin family before our big party a few weeks ago, in which Kristin said I should dress better since we are hosting the party. Good try on that one! (This was supposed to be a 'pissed off' picture, but I'm the only one lookin' mean)


The predictable and practical qualities (which are great in this day and age) are what I appreciate in her, yet she has the ability to be spontaneous and adventurous, as we are planning a trip to our motherland Deutschland soon.

Being a hop, skip and a jump up I-35, Queen Bee, Beast and I hope to see a lot of her in the future. I've enjoyed the nights out on the town, the couch banter, making non-merited risque comments about her and Queen Bee sleeping together in the same bed separated with nothing but a body pillow, and most importantly the friendly and smiley disposition.

Raise your glass to Kristen, a great roommate, great friend, great person. Austin will miss you, the hospital will miss you, and certainly the ox, beast and the bee on 38th.

No comments: