Friday, February 10, 2006

The Pavement Cracks when I Fall Down, I've Got More Chins than Chinatown

Taking a page out of Weird Al's 'Fat' parody, we ate a scrumptious meal at Sao Paulo's, near my favorite and now local pub the Crown and Anchor. Caipirinha, an extremely wicked drink made with lots of Sugar and sweet rum, tastes kinda like a margarita, but a lot stronger, and the sugar guaranteed to leave a vicious hangover. I ate some shrimp wrapped in steak with some sort of mushroom sauce, and it was delicious. The tab for six of us was 130 bucks, which wasn't bad considering the service and atmosphere was brilliant, some amazing classical guitar players. I actually went to the pisser a few times just to hear them.


Nothing is finer that high resolution digital pictures and photoshop cropping that capture the moment of the dizzle chomping on some bisteak, hopefully not perro.


Later in the evening Barfly's was the place to be, as the beers are 2 bucks, and the good beers (which are actually good) are 2.50. Nothing like buying a round for 4 for 8 bucks! Sarah B (and yes Sarah B I spelled your name right this time), Ms. About to Pass Out in the Bar. Yea, that's what you get for hanging out with veteran drinkers ;-).


Next week's place will feature probably some Tex Mex, as there are a few places on the radar that are getting attention. Stayed tuned for 1 centimeter getting added to my behind every week.

No comments: