Gman and I, buddy buddies now, see Mike D and P, we don't need yall! Actually I miss both of you a lot. We got Gman involved with all sorts of sh*t these days, a valuable dude, once you learn how to work with him.
Our stack of 2650 hotties in the corner, enough horsepower in this laaaaab to do all sorts of interesting things.
Laptop blows up, so now I'm using a tablet PC, boy it sure does make me look important lugging this thing around, much much better than a clipboard. Friends at work always know when I'm in the sh*thouse for something, I carry the dreaded clipboard around.
Being tactful, running your mouth to the right people at the right time is a skill, I don't have that skill here anymore, my political career is ruined here, but overall I portray a decent attitude, all things considered.
Next week I start my PMP certification process, which will last thru the summer, Monday and Thursday afternoons, then I'll seek 'greener pastures,' in the form of an employer who is tooled better for results.
----------------------
I am re-reading 'Atlas Shrugged', Ann Rynd idealists capitalists ideology etc to help balance me out, considering this place seems to struggle to get anything done. Read it when I was a kid (20), and didn't understand it that well. Anyway, here's some empowering quotations from the woman herself, thru her prose.
"The three cardinal values of the Objectivist ethics ... are: Reason, Purpose, Self-Esteem, with their three corresponding virtues: Rationality, Productiveness, Pride."
"The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours. But to win it requires total dedication and a total break with the world of your past, with the doctrine that man is sacrificial animal who exists for the pleasure of others. Fight for the value of your person. Fight for the virtue of your pride. Fight for the essence, which is man, for his sovereign rational mind. Fight with the radiant certainty and the absolute rectitude of knowing that yours is the morality of life and yours is the battle for any achievement, any value, any grandeur, any goodness, any joy that has ever existed on this earth." John Galt quote that ended AR's last public speech (New Orleans Nov 1981)

2 comments:
the b-miester and g-miester together at last
Hot lovin in the laaaabb!!!
Post a Comment