Going into the gig I'm expecting to see Belle and Sebastian's little brother, and the band aids, or extreme front row fans tell me the lead guy of Vox went to school with one of the dudes in B & S back in Glasgow, and judging from their EP, same sorta sound.
Get there, and I know it was a good show, but Emo's has a tendency to make anyone in there sound like shit, and the Happy Valentines Day tequila shots were pretty potent. Stayed way up front for a few songs, got the jist of the band, matching little outfits, as the beast loves it as he describes them as so "WHITE," having the appearance of the typical scrawny indie rock band. Viola bass, lots of shit in Bb, can't say much for lyrics yet, and from what I saw, a pretty damn talented group of individuals.
As for the comparison to Belle and Sebastian, a long way to go for that. They for sure have to develop more heart and soul, and perhaps even talent to hop up there with the 'big dogs,' however, nevertheless a great performance and well worth the *, I mean 8 bucks.

No comments:
Post a Comment