Thursday, August 04, 2005

Got Nowhere but Home to go Got Ben Folds on my Radio

My love is in Tulsa on Aug 14th, Ben Folds that is. I can't begin to explain how hyped I am about this show. On his latest album, he sings a tribute song to the late Elliot Smith, one line says, 'the songs you wrote got me thru a lot I want to tell you that', well that's the same way I feel about Ben.

From high school angst years till bald headed middle aged computer geekdom, this dude has been with me and grown with me. He definately is one of my heroes, a person I look up to for wisdom, cynicism, and humor, not to mention an amazing piano presence.

So amazing, that Jennito, Ashlito, Leslito, and hopefully Mike-D'ito will be going on the journey to Tulsa, which is approximately 500 miles away. Of course, the invitation is open to any and everyone, and if we get more peeps, I can get the 15 passenger van from mum for the trip.



The only bad thing is for whatever reason, Ben doesn't come near Texas, and that's a bad thing, makin' us bohonk redneck Texas fans drive millions of miles to the land of Okie to see you. Whatever happened to ATX or bust. Anyway Ben, we bringin' the party to you!

No comments: