Sunday, August 07, 2005

Leaving on the Airplane

Apparently a lot of Shiner people read this blog, according to Toshi, the last time we visited Shiner people were coming up to him saying 'I know you, I've seen you before.'

For those of you who know Toshi and have seen him before, and friends of mine who have never met him, I'll give you the short version of a person that has had great influence on my life. As said earlier, he is easily one of the soundest people you can ever meet.

The first time I ever met him, he cooked dinner for Hiro, Meghan and I and a handful of others. At one time I was quazi ambitious about learning Japanese, and Toshi volunteered to help out. Through the months, we had a ton of musical taste in common, and we attended countless concerts, I was exposed to different foods, I learned how to play squash, but most importantly I met an extraordinary friend.

Guero's is the place for the last Tex-Mex before Toshi left the building. The customary handshake was in order.


As the cliché goes, it’s not a goodbye; it's merely a see you later. If plans go well, Toshi could possibly be back for SXSW in March, and I'm heading there next April.

Thanks for everything Toshi, you are a great person, and I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and I'm proud to know you. See you soon!

No comments: