Saturday, August 13, 2005

Salina Turns 21

Out of the blue, The brothers Oland and Rolando (he did get the 'R') came in for sis's 21st b-day, which immediately makes me happy to hang out and catch up with such good people. I hadn't seen Rolando since the SXSW festival.

You only turn 21 once, and what better way to celebrate than Pete's Piano bar listening to shitty covers of overplayed songs. I recall my 21st was in the Shiner Friendly Tavern, drinkin' the free tall boy you get. Pictured are the native Vtown boys with their sis'.


I always refer to Oland as Mr. Pimp Daddy, b/c he's always got some nice designer shirt on, making me look like white trash, so I decided to ruffle his hair up a bit for him. I did actually buy me a new shirt at old navy for 4 bucks for the occassion, boy was I lookin' spiffy.


Throughout the night, I was yelling 'Ben Folds' from the rafters, in high anticipation of what was to come the following day, but to no avail. Jenny then took it to herself to go sit with the dude on the bench, and she wispered to the dude 'Look I know you want to play some Ben Folds instead of this stupid crap.' It was funny, however Jenny's power of persuasion didn't seem to work, as we didn't hear any BF on the evening.


The night then took us to Havana's, a cuban bar in which I drank a few Mohitos, or however you spell that. They are full of sugar, and garenteed to supply you with an intense hangover. Look at that lovely group.


Finally, don't ever shave your head too fast. I knicked my ear, and it wouldn't stop bleeding all night. There's nothing the ladies find more attractive than a bald headed dude with paper toliet on his bloody ear.


It sure was loud, It sure was fun, and Jenny sure was drunk. hahaha --

No comments: