I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and sad about the 'loss' of Mike P, but merely for selfish reason, for I know he's off to bigger and better things, and the new experiences are going to be enhancements to his life.
I connect with this guy on some sorta deep brotherly level, I'm harder on him than anyone I've ever met in my life, he takes every ounce of criticism as constructive, and dishes it out right back at me, a very mutually benefical friendship that will last forever. OK, enough of this sentimental garbage.
As a parting gesture, I smoked a cig with Mike P at the 'smoke pit' an area where he and I have had many heart to hearts on numerous topics.

Well needless to say a night on the town was in order to celebrate our great bud's departure. First stop, Trudy's, and after two Mexican Martinis Mike P begins to get sentimental and starts saying "I love all of you" blah blah blah. Here's him giving the gospel according to Mohon (which means turd in Spanish).

Then it was off to Lala's where other folks joined us. It's always Christmas time in Lala's, a great dive on Justin between Lamar and Burnett. Reminds me of a bar back in the 50's or something like that, no frills, no bungholes either.

It was great to have the Beastmaster finally come join the party! I hope that rice tasted as good on the way up as it tasted on the way down!
And of course there are the dreaded dancing pictures, no girls this time, just Mike P and the Beastmaster, workin' it on the dance floor. Casey was doing Kung-Fu, splits and flips on the dance floor, some crazy stuff! In watching the others watch C-Dog and Mike P, the looks are just classic!

Thanks for driving Bob, you rock. It's crazy how that frieght train seems to just run you over the next morning.
Mike P, you are my ambassador of geekism, and I'll miss you my brotha.

3 comments:
This makes me cry! I love you all!!!
Additional Information and Commentary on the Evening
At the time it really did seem like I was dancing pretty well. But look at that PICTURE! God I'm stupid.
RB you left out the spill about the fake $10 at the bar.
"Is Mr. Rice gonna hafta choke a bitch?"
Make sure to bring your camera on Friday
Post a Comment